Following the success of the initial K-12 vaccination event on January 22, a follow-up second dose vaccination event is scheduled for Friday, February 12. As with the first vaccination event, schools will be closed on Feb. 12 for a teacher workday to give our staff the opportunity to receive the second vaccination dose.
Below is the schedule for the week of February 8-12:
- Monday, Feb. 8: Regular school day for grades PK-4. Group 1 (A day) for grades 5-12
- Tuesday, Feb. 9: Regular school day for grades PK-4. Group 2 (A day) for grades 5-12
- Wednesday, Feb. 10: School Closed for a Teacher Workday (at home) – this was previously scheduled. Teachers will not schedule synchronous learning. This is an opportunity for students to complete assignments. No teacher instruction/student services will be provided on Feb. 10.
- Thursday, Feb. 11: Regular school day for grades PK-4. Group 1 (B day) for grades 5-12
- Friday, Feb. 12: Schools Closed for a Teacher Workday (in school) and second dose Vaccination Event. Teachers will not schedule synchronous learning. This is another opportunity for students to complete assignments. No teacher instruction/student services will be provided on Feb. 12.
Once again, we would like to express our thanks and appreciation to the Roanoke City Alleghany Health Department and Carilion Clinic for providing these vaccinations for K-12 staff. We also want to thank our parents and staff for being flexible as we work to help our staff receive vaccinations.
On July 15, the Roanoke County School Board approved the recommended plan for the start of the 2020-2021 school year. Please see this page for a summary of the plan and a link to a detailed presentation.
7:45 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
(drop off can begin as early as 7:15 a.m.)
Grades PK-3: Daily (3rd grade starting Oct. 26)
Grades 4-5: Hybrid (group 1/group 2)
8:20 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
Grades 6-8: Hybrid (group 1/group 2)
8:20 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
Grades 9-12: Hybrid (group 1/group 2)
Hybrid Group 1:
Mondays and Thursdays in school
Remote Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays
Hybrid Group 2:
Tuesdays and Fridays in school
Remote Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays