Welcome to William Byrd Middle School! If you have moved into our area and decide to enroll your son/daughter in our school, there are a few items you will need to bring to complete the registration process. Before you come over, you will need to call Gloria Harris, our School Counseling Secretary, at 562-3900 ext. 34010 or 890-1035 between the hours of 7:30 AM-4:00 PM to make an appointment. Listed below are items you need to collect before you enroll your student.
1. Proof of residency ***see note below
2. Original birth certificate
3. Complete shot record—including documentation of the TDAP + Meningococcal shot
4. Phone/fax number of the school attended last year
5. Report card from the last school year
6. Any test data (SOL scores, Stanford 9 achievement test, etc.)
7. A copy of the IEP if your child is in special education classes
8. Custody documents (if applicable)
***Proof of Residency Documents:
1. If you own or rent a property, bring a mortgage statement, lease or real estate tax statement.
2. However, if you reside with someone else, that homeowner must provide a mortgage, lease or property tax assessment, along with a notarized statement that you (parent(s) and child) live at that address AND you must provide a valid document from the following list:
· Payroll stub issued by an employer within the last 2 months
· Original monthly bank statement, not more than 2 months old issued by a bank
· Utility bill (i.e. electric, gas, cable) within the last 2 months (cell phone bills are not accepted)