• Welcome to William Byrd Middle School! If you have moved into our area and decide to enroll your son/daughter in our school, there are a few items you will need to bring to complete the registration process. Before you come over, you will need to call Gloria Harris, our School Counseling Secretary, at 562-3900 ext. 34010 or 890-1035 between the hours of 7:30 AM-4:00 PM to make an appointment. Listed below are items you need to collect before you enroll your student.


    1. Proof of residency ***see note below

    2. Original birth certificate

    3. Complete shot record—including documentation of the TDAP + Meningococcal shot

    4. Phone/fax number of the school attended last year

    5. Report card from the last school year

    6. Any test data (SOL scores, Stanford 9 achievement test, etc.)

    7. A copy of the IEP if your child is in special education classes

    8. Custody documents (if applicable)


    ***Proof of Residency Documents:

    1. If you own or rent a property, bring a mortgage statement, lease or real estate tax statement.

    2. However, if you reside with someone else, that homeowner must provide a mortgage, lease or property tax assessment, along with a notarized statement that you (parent(s) and child) live at that address AND you must provide a valid document from the following list:

    · Payroll stub issued by an employer within the last 2 months

    · Original monthly bank statement, not more than 2 months old issued by a bank

    · Utility bill (i.e. electric, gas, cable) within the last 2 months (cell phone bills are not accepted)