The mission of the Hidden Valley Middle School counseling program is to facilitate the healthy development of all students in their academic, career, and personal/social lives. School counselors, as professional school advocates, will provide a comprehensive developmental counseling program to support students as lifelong learners so they can become productive citizens.
- We believe that all children can learn.
- We believe that the entire school community contributes to a positive educational climate, based on mutual respect, high expectations, and on open lines of communication.
- We believe that every student has a right to a safe, supportive, learning environment.
- We believe that it is the schools responsibility to provide meaningful learning opportunities that actively engage all students.
- We believe that students should be taught to accept responsibility for their work and accountability for their actions.
Life Counselor Program
The role of the LIFE counselor will be to lead individuals and foster empowerment with our students. Counselors will demonstrate the ability to establish productive relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members. Counselors will provide individual and group counseling to students, Counselors will also provide education on approved mental health, trauma, and substance topics to our students, staff, and parents. Our LIFE counselors will focus on prevention and intervention to promote academic, personal growth, and well-being. If you would like your student to see a LIFE counselor, please contact your student’s school.
New Student Registration Information
All new students must make an appointment with their guidance counselor to register.
Please call (540) 772-7570 to schedule an appointment.
For students with last names beginning with A-K, please contact Lisa Childress for an appointment.
For students with last names beginning with L-Z, please contact Callie Cook for an appointment.
Please feel free to call and verify that your residence is within the Hidden Valley Middle School district.
Items required at registration appointment:
1. Original raised seal birth certificate
2. Proof of residency (e.g. copy of mortgage, lease, etc.).
Contact school for a complete list of valid proof of residency documents.
Items that are helpful to have at registration appointment:
1. Immunization documentation and physical
2. Copy of most recent IEP or 504 plan, if applicable
3. Most recent report card
4. Any specialized program participation
5. Custody documents, if applicable