The school nutrition program strives to offer nutritious, well balanced school meals that meet the needs of the various age groups in our student community. We offer breakfast and lunch programs at all Roanoke County schools daily.
The United States Department of Agriculture oversees the operation by the issuance of regulations and guidelines that are required to be followed by the program operation.
The school nutrition program offers several services that assist parents in paying for school meals:
- Payment may be made in the cafeteria of each school by cash or check.
- Payment may be made through a secure online provider at www.MySchoolBucks.com using a major credit card or bank account. There is a third-party service fee for using the online payment service. Parents may also monitor their child’s account on this website at no cost.
Some families may qualify for free or reduced price meals based on USDA Income Eligibility Guidelines. To apply for free or reduced price meals, complete one application for ALL children in the household who are enrolled in Roanoke County Schools. A new application must be filled out each school year in order to be eligible. Once completed and submitted, the application comes directly to the Nutrition Office and is processed accordingly.
There are several ways to complete an application. Please choose only ONE of the following options:
- A confidential and secure online application can be completed at http://roanokecounty.schoollunchapp.com. Applications are being accepted now.
- A paper application may be obtained and turned in at any school site.
- A paper application may be downloaded online at www.rcps.us under the School Nutrition department.
Roanoke County Schools is not eligible and does not participate in the Community Eligibility Provision that other schools/districts in the surrounding area may utilize. If your child transferred from one of these schools/districts, please make sure you submit an application for free or reduced price meals to ensure benefits are not interrupted.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.