Rising 6th Grade Registration Information
- Every 5th grade student receives a paper copy (can also be found online)
- Promotion Policy (pg 6)
- Schedule Change Policy (pg 6)
- Description of courses (begins pg 17)
- Advanced Classes (pg 8)
- Registration Guide available online - click here
- November 10-18 – Teacher Recommendations provided to GMS
- November 28-December 2 – Registration Presentations at GES, MCES, FLES
- Students will take home recommended courses and choose an elective for 6th grade
- Options: Band, Choir, or Interest Block
- Student and parent/guardian will review courses, sign, and return to homeroom teacher
- November 30 – Parent Registration Information Night - GMS Forum @ 5:30
- December 5 – AMP letters go home from elementary schools
- December 9 – deadline to return Registration Form to homeroom teacher
- December 16 – deadline for parent to return AMP form to elementary school
- January – GMS Counselor will enter courses into Synergy
- January – Course Request Verifications will be sent home for final review
- February – Scheduling begins
- July – Schedules will be made available to students and parents in StudentVue/ ParentVue
Health PE 6
- English and Math are every day
- Elective and Health & PE alternate A day/B day
- Science and History alternate A day/B day
- Students must be in same level Science & History
6th Grade Elective OptionsStudents can choose ONE of the following electives:Band 6 – Beginning Band
- Full year course
- Class introduces and develops techniques of instrument playing and music reading.
Interest Block 6
- Full year course
- Students learn vocal techniques, ensemble techniques, and music-reading fundamentals
- Rotates between Art Exploratory, World Language Exploratory, Intro to Technology, and Family and Consumer Sciences
- One 9 weeks per class in Interest Block
- Students are able to explore a range of electives that they can expand upon in high school
Course OfferingsEnglish 6Regular or AdvancedMath 6Math 6 regular, Pre-Algebra 6, or AMP 6 (based upon various factors)Science 6Regular or AdvancedUS History 1 (to 1865)Regular or AdvancedTeachers made recommendations based on current grades, attendance, and understanding of content in middle school course. Parent can make necessary adjustments on form that goes home.
- Recommendation form needs to be reviewed by a parent and returned to teacher no later than December 9.
- Pick an elective YOU want to take; not something your friend is taking. This is about you exploring something you might enjoy!
- Work hard this year to set yourself up for success in middle school.
- Email Mrs. Noell if you have questions: email@example.com
- Please do not call as this is a very busy time of year. I am able to check email much more easily while I am in between classes and schools.