Roanoke County Public Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time and part-time contracted employees. Benefits include health, dental and vision services as well as flex-spending accounts, and saving for retirement. Please contact the HR department for more information. Active Employees should refer to the Benefit Enrollment Guide and the Intranet for full details.
- Medical: Anthem KeyCare1000 Anthem Disclosure Information https://www.anthem.com/machine-readable-file/search
- Vision Exam Insurance: Blue View Vision (Medical Participants Only)
- Prescription Drug: WellDyneRx
- HRA: Flex Benefits Administrators (Medical Participants Only)
- Dental: Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier
- Life Insurance: RCPS Pays 100% of the premium for two times your annual salary coverage (full-time contracted employees only)
- Voluntary Stand-Alone Vision: Anthem Blue View Vision
- Virginia Retirement System (VRS): All full-time contracted RCPS employees are automatically enrolled. Employees contribute 5% of their annual salary. The RCPS school board contributes a separate contribution in accordance with Virginia General Assembly regulations.
- Wellness Program in partnership with Marathon Health for employees with RCPS health insurance.
- On-site health clinic through Marathon Health (for employees with RCPS health insurance)
- Optional Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Personal Leave or Vacation Depending On Position
- Paid Sick Leave (and sick leave bank or short term disability depending on VRS status)
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Federal Credit Union
- Voluntary Retirement Options - Empower
- Employee Extended Work Plan option after retirement
Information contained here is not a guarantee of benefits. Our summary plan descriptions and SPD Wrap Document are the guiding legal documents for our plans. If there are any discrepancies between our Benefits Guide and the legal summary from the insurance carrier, the carrier's documentation will prevail.