Unclaimed Property-Checks Older Than a Year

  • When a check is written by Roanoke County Public Schools or one of its schools and it is not cashed by the payee within a year, the funds are turned over to the Commonwealth under the Unclaimed Property Program.  If you find yourself in this situation, you can do an Unclaimed Property Search and follow their guidelines to claim the funds.