Guidance Lessons: Counselors come into each classroom for Guidance once every 12 days to learn about and discuss certain life topics, including Social-Emotional Learning, Expect Respect (RCPS’s Anti Bullying Program), Mental Health and Wellness, Career Exploration, Personal and Internet Safety, and more!
Groups: Our counselors pull groups of students during their lunch periods to discuss certain topics. Groups usually meet once during the 12-week rotation for approximately 8 total sessions. Reach out to Ms. Sirbaugh (3-5) or Mrs. Hieber (K-2) to learn more about Groups. Group topics include:
- SOAR- following school expectations, impulse control, decision making skills
- I Can Control My Worries- anxiety, coping skills, positive self-talk
- M.A.D. (Managing Anger Differently)- calming strategies
- Study Skills- organization, time-management, focus
- All About Me- build self-esteem and confidence
- Friendship- social skills, conflict resolution
- Changing Families- students struggling with parent separation/divorce or other unique family situations
- Grief- students struggling with the loss of a loved one
Individual Counseling: Our school counselors are here to provide individual counseling for any student. If you would like your child to talk with the school counselor call or email Ms. Sirbaugh (Grades 3-5) or Mrs. Hieber (Grades K-2).