Graduation 2021 Information
Dear Viking Class of 2021 and their Parents,
We know that so many of you have been anxiously awaiting details regarding the graduation ceremony for the Class of 2021. Thank you so much for your patience over the past few months as we worked hard to create a graduation experience that will be memorable, meaningful, and within all COVID guidelines and protocols. We are ecstatic to be able to share with you that yes, we will have a graduation ceremony for the Class of 2021! While there will be some minor alterations to the traditional ceremony, we are excited to be able to celebrate these amazing young adults.
Below you will find specific details regarding this year’s graduation ceremony. This will include logistics of the ceremony, the ticketing system, and other must-know information. Please read through this very carefully to ensure a smooth and enjoyable graduation day. If you have any questions related to graduation, please contact our senior class sponsor, Mrs. Kat Porter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to celebrating the Northside High School Class of 2021!
Northside High School Commencement Ceremony
Tuesday, May 25th at 2:00pm
Salem Football Stadium (part of the Taliaferro Complex)
1002 Texas Street, Salem VA 24153
- Graduates should arrive no later than 1:15pm and report to the gate closest to Texas Street.
- Masks and social distancing will be required for all graduates and guests age five (5) or older.
- Tickets will be required for all guests. Each graduate will receive eight (8) tickets in advance for their guests.
- Seating within the stadium will be in socially distanced pods of eight (8) seats. All tickets will be assigned a specific seat/pod number that the guests will be required to sit in, at all times.
- Ticket distribution will occur in early May – more details to follow on how and when each graduate may pick up and sign for their tickets.
- HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE SEATING – this will be available but must be reserved in advance. If you know you will have a guest requiring handicap accessible seating, you MUST email Kat Porter at email@example.com no later than April 17th requesting this accommodation.
- All bags will be checked by Salem Stadium security staff upon entry.
- Lifetouch Photography will be on hand to capture every graduate receiving their diploma.
- Restrooms will be available.
- All graduates and guests MUST exit the facility immediately after the ceremony. There will be no congregating or gathering. Graduates and their families should plan to meet at their vehicles in the parking lot after the ceremony.
- Items NOT allowed: umbrellas, food, pets, balloons, flowers.
- Items that ARE allowed: seat cushions, stadium seats, unopened bottle water.