Return to Headlines
Announcements Dec. 3, 2019
- International Club wants you to come shake your Jingle Bells with us, Tuesday December 3rd, after school in front of the Math hallway. Zumba cost is $5.00 and all proceeds benefit the Turning Point Women's Shelter. Come get fit for a good cause!
- Byrd Buddies will be having a cupcake decorating Christmas party on Tuesday, December 17th from 5:30 pm-7:00 pm. Please bring a $5.00 gift if you want to participate in the Secret Santa game.
- The Red Cross Club will meet on Friday morning, December 6th at 7:50 am in room 117. We will be discussing our next major group project.
- FCCLA will meet on Thursday, December 5th at 7:45 am in Mrs. Dunn's room at 7:45 am. Please plan on attending.
- Attention Seniors: If you have not had your senior portrait taken, Prestige will be at school to take your formal picture for the yearbook and graduation slide show on December 12th. This is the absolute last opportunity to get your formal picture taken. The studio is closed for the year. Sign up for the pictures in your English class. If you do not have an English class, please see Mrs. Acker in room 249.
- Attention all student and faculty artists, writers, musicians and photographers: Mrs. Acker is currently accepting submissions for the art and literary magazine, Sketches until January 31st. She is looking for short stroies, poetry, photography, art, musical compositions, etc. Please bring any submissions to Mrs. Acker in room 249 or email them to her at email@example.com.
- The next International Club meeting is on Tuesday, December 10th at 7:45 am in room 113.
- Join the International Club for K-drama Friday on December 6th for episode 4 of "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" at 3:30 pm in the Library.
- Join the International Club as we continue Beginner Korean language classes this Saturday, December 7th at 9:00 am in the WBHS Library!
- Congratulations to the Terrier Swim team on their win against Alleghany and Fleming last night. First place finishes included: Colin Murtaugh in the 200 free and 500 free. Chelie Plaster in the 200 free and 500 Free. Matthew Hoyos in the 200 IM and 100 Fly. Abbey Murtaugh in the 200 IM and 100 Fly. Aiden Brinkley in the 50 Free. Austin Nielsen in tthe 100 Free and 100 Breaststroke. Griffin Horacek in the 100 Back. Liah Davis in the 100 Back and Emma Copening in the 100 Breaststroke.
- The Army will be visiting our school campus Wednesday December 11th at 9:30 am. If you are interested in meeting with this branch of the military, please sign up in the College and Career Center.
- Attention Seniors: Roanoke College will be on our campus Friday December 13th at 12:45 pm to start their On-site admissions review. If you have applied to Roanoke College and wish to know the decision they have made on your application, please sign up for this visit in the College and Career Center.
- Attention Students: The Air Force will be visiting our school campus Tuesday December 10th at 10:00 am. If you are interested in meeting with this branch of the military, please sign up in the College and Career Center.
- Attention Speech and Debate: Practice today has been cancelled and rescheduled for tomorrow from 3:30-4:30 pm.