- William Byrd High School
Announcements - October 25, 2021
- Attention all student and faculty artists, writers, musicians, and photographers: Mrs. Acker is currently accepting submissions for the art and literary magazine, Sketches. She is looking for short stories, poetry, photography, art, musical composition, etc. Please bring any submissions to Mrs. Acker in LC13 or email them to email@example.com
- Attention students who are enrolled in any AP classes. If you have signed up to take any AP tests, the payment deadline is Friday, October 29th. Payment can be made via cash, check, or MySchoolBucks. Please see Mrs. Francis or Mrs. Taylor with any questions.
- Attention seniors: Prestige has announced that the studio will be open all day for appointments on Election Day, Nov 2nd, 9 AM until 5 PM. You will need to visit Prestige online to schedule a session for that day and there is a sitting fee of $15 at the studio:
https://local.prestigeportraits.com/va/roanoke/3601-thirlane-rd.html Option 2: Prestige will also be at the school on Nov. 22nd and Dec 9th to take formal pictures. A signup sheet will be available soon in English classes or sign up with Mrs. Acker in LC 13. There is no fee to have your picture taken at the school.
- Knitting and Crocheting Club will hold its next meeting on Monday, November 1st. The meeting will be in Learning Cottage 15 from 3:30- 4:30 pm. Bring a project of your own or get in touch with Mrs. Scales in advance for supplies to get started.
- Art Club and National Art Honor Society need you! On Monday, November 8th we will be meeting after school in room 221 from 3:30- 4:30. We'll be starting our community outreach project which involves making Valentines for a local nursing home. If you haven't signed up for our club, please see Mrs. Sartell in room 221 to do so. Club picture will be coming soon. Get involved!
- Baseball open cages from 4-6 pm today and Wednesday.
- Students, this week is red ribbon week. in addition to our theme days this week, there are other activities as well. each day 3 ribbons will be hidden around the school. once you find a ribbon, bring it to ms. Gunn in the counseling department to claim your prize. Each day, there will also be a trivia question. Today's question is: " In what year did the red ribbon week campaign start?" Be the first to email ms. Gunn for a special treat at the end of the week. Good luck!
THIS WEEK'S EVENTS
Red Ribbon Week Theme - Hit snooze on drugs - wear pajama pants and hoodies **all outfits must be school appropriate!
3:30 - 4:30 - ACE practice - Room 117
3:30 - 5:30 - Drama Rehearsal - Auditorium
3:30 - 6:00 - Softball Open Field
3:30 - 6:00 - Band Practice
3:30 - 6:30 - Cheer Practice - Annex Gym
3:45 - 5:30 - ESports - Room 174
3:45 - 5:30 - Volleyball practice - Main Gym
3:45 - 6:30 - Football practice
6:00 - Cheer Boosters Meeting - Library